- Why scientific theories can’t be proved absolutely
- Could we survive the trip to another planet?
- What's really scary isn't Halloween
- Why can't science answer our question about God?
- How certain are proven facts?
- Is global warming a serious issue?
- The Surprising Intelligence of Non-Human Primates
- The problems of colonizing another planet
- How could global warming make our winters colder?
- a scientific theory examined
- beyond earth
- Great Ideas
- how do we know that?
- humans, primates, and other life on earth
- in the last 10,000 years or so
- Questions beyond Science
- saving our home – thoughts about global warming
- science and religion
- something new about something old
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Scientists have announced that the world for the year 2015 was an average of 1 degree celsius (that’s about 2 degree fahrenheit) warmer than has ever occurred in recorded history. But 1 degree? That doesn’t sound like the potential catastrophe of … Continue reading
For thousands of years, there have been mystics who describe an experience of a transcendent reality that most humans beings do not have. In different cultures and religions, this experience takes various forms, but they all seem to revolve around a loss of a sense … Continue reading
It seems pretty obvious to most people living in northern Europe, and both northern and southern states in America this winter that global warming is certainly not happening to them. Yes, it’s warmer in Alaska than usual, but banks of … Continue reading
The BBC is hosting a stargazing programme asking amateur astronomers to find galaxies in far outer space. An engineer living in England, Zbigniew ‘Zbish’ Chetnik, has an observatory in his garden at home, and was the first person to spot a … Continue reading
By the time most of us have learned to read a clock, we have come to understand time as objective. It might feel like a long time to Christmas or summer vacation, or a long time until we finally get … Continue reading
Right now there are two privately funded manned-missions planned to set out for Mars. One is set to leave in 2018, the other in 2023. They are unlikely to be the only departures for Mars in the next decade. At … Continue reading